Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Bluetooth not connecting to car

I am having issues with my new iPhone 6 not connecting properly to my cars Bluetooth. I've tried everything and can't get it to pick up calls like it should. My iPhone 5 works perfectly. Anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 5, 2014 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 6:27 AM

Hello there, 350ZGuy.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for troubleshooting Bluetooth connectivity with your iOS device:

Get help connecting your iPhone or iPad to a Bluetooth accessory

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6473

To resolve the issue, you'll need to first sign in to iCloud and review your devices:

1. Sign in to iCloud on your iOS devices and Macs with OS X Yosemite (available this fall).
  2. On one of your devices, tap Settings > Bluetooth and look under My Devices. You'll see all devices that are connected to Bluetooth, but make sure that you see your Apple devices that are signed in to iCloud and are using iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite.
  3. Sign out of your iCloud account from any devices that you don't want to use. To sign out of iCloud on an iOS device, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out.

Then, remove any inactive devices from iCloud:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com.
  2. Select Find My iPhone.
  3. Select any devices that aren't active anymore.
  4. Wait for Find My iPhone to stop trying to find the inactive device.
  5. You should see the option to remove this device from your account. Select it to remove the device.

After following the steps above, restart the device with the issue. Then try to use it with your Bluetooth accessory.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2014 6:27 AM in response to 350ZGuy

Hello there, 350ZGuy.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for troubleshooting Bluetooth connectivity with your iOS device:

Get help connecting your iPhone or iPad to a Bluetooth accessory

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6473

To resolve the issue, you'll need to first sign in to iCloud and review your devices:

1. Sign in to iCloud on your iOS devices and Macs with OS X Yosemite (available this fall).
  2. On one of your devices, tap Settings > Bluetooth and look under My Devices. You'll see all devices that are connected to Bluetooth, but make sure that you see your Apple devices that are signed in to iCloud and are using iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite.
  3. Sign out of your iCloud account from any devices that you don't want to use. To sign out of iCloud on an iOS device, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out.

Then, remove any inactive devices from iCloud:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com.
  2. Select Find My iPhone.
  3. Select any devices that aren't active anymore.
  4. Wait for Find My iPhone to stop trying to find the inactive device.
  5. You should see the option to remove this device from your account. Select it to remove the device.

After following the steps above, restart the device with the issue. Then try to use it with your Bluetooth accessory.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Iphone 6 Bluetooth not connecting to car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.