Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank e-mail screen

My iPad has suddenly develed a blank screen when trying to open the e-mail icon. The icon continues to showtime number of e-mails coming in. I have tried "hard booting" (holding both buttons off) but this does not do anything.

HElp would be appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 7:58 AM

I have the same problem. Running iOS 8.2 on iPad 2. Worked for a while although sluggish and laboured, with serious delays in responses. Mail app shows deliverits arriving in (before opening the app) BUT on opening, translucent window, no content, then crashes with black screen followed by return to desktop. However can send email via Notes and Photo App ! Tried restart, and rebooting no change, what ever happened to, 'It just works'. Can still access mail via iCloud on separate device. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated ???

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2014 7:58 AM in response to sherryfromedmonton

I have the same problem. Running iOS 8.2 on iPad 2. Worked for a while although sluggish and laboured, with serious delays in responses. Mail app shows deliverits arriving in (before opening the app) BUT on opening, translucent window, no content, then crashes with black screen followed by return to desktop. However can send email via Notes and Photo App ! Tried restart, and rebooting no change, what ever happened to, 'It just works'. Can still access mail via iCloud on separate device. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated ???

Oct 9, 2014 7:39 AM in response to Imagineer27

It's just awful. I recently uploaded the IOS system for my iPad to IOS 8.0.2. It has slowed down the iPad, the screen often flickers or doesn't load up pages at all, or goes white, google searches regularly - and I mean regularly - freeze up. It has stripped out all my saved emails from my email program. The bookmarks button has been moved to the left from the right side (right side is far more convenient and easy-to-use), and I have no idea what the far-right button is supposed to be doing. It is useless. Like the iTunes redo a couple of years ago, Apple has made a wonderfully intuitive operating system extremely hard to use. For the first time, I'd consider switching to a different tablet, something which I couldn't have imagined before these updates. I tried sending an email to Apple, but it's almost impossible unless you have a service contract. Even the online troubleshoot option allows you to fill out a complaint form, but has no send button to submit the form.

Oct 9, 2014 7:48 AM in response to sherryfromedmonton

Click the home button twice quickly. Then look for the mail app and when you find it (on this resulting screen) swipe it up and off the screen. That will quit the app. Then push the power button until you get the slider bar at the top to shut down your iPad. Slide it so that your iPad goes off. Give it a minute to finish and then hit the power button again for it to come back on. After it has come back and you enter your Passcode, try the mail app again.

Apr 6, 2015 8:20 PM in response to sherryfromedmonton

I had the same issue so I deleted one of my email accounts. Closed the email app, did a hard restart then when it rebooted I shut it down for good measure. I started it back up and then opened the email app. The new email I was working on when it first shut down popped up. I double clicked on it to select everything even though it was blank then typed random letters and sent it to myself. After than it started reloading on my email like if it was the first time opening the all. It's currently loading the newest 300 emails. So that worked for me. I did a lot of extra steps that I probably didn't need to but I didn't want to risk it not working. Hope this helped 😀

Jul 10, 2015 10:47 PM in response to RoentgenRay

I have tried all of the above since this happened to me last week-am on latest software update.I have tried reboot ,restore and complete reset using icloud to restore from back up

But I still have same issue but now intermittent- mail will open but sometimes disappears either when opens or when trying to delete mails or after a period of time

Really cannot have this as the need to check emails essential for our small hotel so we do not get rooms double booked

My wife has a 5 with our email account on which is working perfectly -she has not done the latest software update !!!!

Is this a software issue or a fault with my 6 plus as really need to sort this

Thanks in anticipation

Jul 27, 2015 6:36 PM in response to monet208

My wife has an iPAD Air 2 (not even two months old) and she tried to send several pictures then her mail froze up with the blank screen with few icons on top. We tried restarting, deleting mail account, hard resetting, deleting the pictures she sent, and a backup and restore. Here mail works on her iPhone and computer. The mail count goes up and down. She can send pictures by mail through photos.

NONE OF THESES WORKED to restore her mail.

Please help!

Thanks,

Mike

Jul 27, 2015 10:44 PM in response to mbg56

Spent one hour on phone with apple tech support and guy had to keep asking superviser for help but neither had solution so booked in for genius bar appointment. Guy there had no answer so agreed with tech support it was a phone issue so replaced the phone

Collected new one and went to restore from Cloud but it would not as placement phone older 8.3 ios and my back up of faulty phone 8.4

So had to set up as new phone .install ios 8.4 ,erase and then restore from cloud

Wish they told me this in store

Blank e-mail screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.