Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to iOS 8 my iPad 2 does not keep my user name and password for isp start page

After updating to iOS 8 my i pad 2 does not store the user name and password for my earthlink start page. In past could go to bookmark and the start

page would automatically come up. Now I must enter the user name and password every time to access the personalized start page. tried to find some settings that needed changing but no luck. is this a problem with iOS 8 Earthlink referred me to apple they could not help any help here

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 9:18 AM

Hello nkrlw,

It may be that AutoFill is disabled in Safari, or that Private Browsing is on.

1. Go to Settings > Safari > Passwords & AutoFill and make sure that Names and Passwords is on.
  2. Go to your Home screen and open Safari. If Safari is black or dark instead of white or gray, Private Browsing is on. Safari doesn't save account names and passwords when Private Browsing is on. To turn off Private Browsing:
    • On iPad, tap the the plus icon in the upper-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.
    • On iPhone and iPod touch, tap User uploaded file in the lower-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.

Get help using iCloud Keychain
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

Cheers,

Allen

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2014 9:18 AM in response to nkrlw

Hello nkrlw,

It may be that AutoFill is disabled in Safari, or that Private Browsing is on.

1. Go to Settings > Safari > Passwords & AutoFill and make sure that Names and Passwords is on.
  2. Go to your Home screen and open Safari. If Safari is black or dark instead of white or gray, Private Browsing is on. Safari doesn't save account names and passwords when Private Browsing is on. To turn off Private Browsing:
    • On iPad, tap the the plus icon in the upper-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.
    • On iPhone and iPod touch, tap User uploaded file in the lower-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.

Get help using iCloud Keychain
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

Cheers,

Allen

After updating to iOS 8 my iPad 2 does not keep my user name and password for isp start page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.