Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV not waking from Network Airplay prompt

Model MD199LL/A

Software 7.0 (6897.6)

Currently, the Apple TV no longer wakes from sleep with an AirPlay prompt. I have to use the remote to wake it up before using AirPlay.

AirPlay also disappears from my mac's menu bar while the AppleTV is asleep. It's often blinking off and on since the update. When it's not on my menu, the AppleTV won't respond to AirPlay requests.

-Crissa

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 11", mid 2013, i7 1.7, 8GB RAM

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 10:10 AM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2014 12:58 PM in response to Crissa

Welcome to the Apple Community.

A few others have experienced something similar and switched sleep to never to avoid this happening.

However since this only occurs in a handful of cases it is most likely an incorrect setting or other network problem that has become apparent with the new software.

The following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Sources of Interference

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

Mar 14, 2015 7:31 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi Winston

I have this problem but it only exists on Ethernet and on 3rd gen Apple TVs with v7 software. When I first got the Apple TV late 2013 it was fine, and my two 2nd gen Apple TVs on software v6 are also fine on ethernet. The hardware has been replaced twice by Apple but problem is the same.

I only post to make the point that the articles you suggest won't help because it's fine with Wi-Fi. The issue is over Ethernet.

Reviewing other posts in this and other forums indicates the problem predates this thread by several months and it's about time Apple accepted and addressed their problem.

AppleTV not waking from Network Airplay prompt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.