Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard shortcut crashed

im using ip6 with ios8.0.2

My keyboard shortcut kept crashing, every time I clicked the shortcut, the setting just crashed and I tried to restart the device, it still the same...

can anyone help me with this problem??

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 11:14 AM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2014 2:11 PM in response to Terry P

Same problem here. iPad Air hangs and crashes just at the point of resolving a shortcut. Backing up and then restoring my iPad has reduced the number of times it happens. The keyboard 'upgrades' seem to have caused issues, I couldn't even post this reply using my iPad as the keyboard was randomly repeating letters and I've had to use my PC to post it. Go figure ?! Hopefully iOS 8 glitches will just get smoothed out over time. Hopefully. Seems a shame that such a closed ecosystem isn't tested properly but the money is spent on U2 🙂

Oct 26, 2014 10:01 PM in response to whyuan

Count me in. I have an iPhone 5S and iPad Mini 2, both running iOS 8.1. The problem of crashing when accessing the keyboard shortcut settings started with on my iPhone and now it's also happening on my iPad. I go to Settings, General, Keyboard, and as soon as I tap Shortcuts, it crashes the Settings app and sends me back to the Home Screen. I'm unable to view or edit my keyboard shorts. When I try to use the keyboard shortcuts, only my old saves work. Can't access to view, add, edit, or delete. Please fix, Apple. I've called about this several times and got the usual runaround about signing in and out of iCloud and even restored my devices. Nothing has worked. Then the reps say they will get back to me and never do. Customer service has seen better days...

keyboard shortcut crashed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.