Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with group messaging with apple and non apple products

Prior to upgrading to iOS 8.0.2 I had no issues with group messaging with my daughters. One daughter has a Samsung Galaxy S4, the other just upgraded to an iPhone 6 Plus. In group messages, my daughter with the Galaxy does not receive any of my messages (I have an iPhone 5) but she does get the messages from my other daughter with the iPhone 6 Plus. It seems that all my group messages are being sent as iMessages and not text to the Galaxy phone which was never a problem before the upgrade to iOS 8.0.2. If I send a message to her directly (not in a group) it goes through with no issues.

When I go to Settings - Messages - iMessage is on, Send as SMS is on, MMS Messaging is on and Group Messaging is on. What other changes are needed to get group messaging to work for the non-apple device?

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 10:30 AM

4 replies

Oct 30, 2014 10:41 AM in response to angelafromjoliet

I am experiencing the same issue: two friends, one has an iPhone, the other does not. We group messsage many times a day. Suddnely, my phone defaults to imessage so one friend doesn't get. I used to be able to select the message and then click on "more" to have the option to send as tex message. Now that option is gone too. I've tried many different settings and nothing seems to work.

Problems with group messaging with apple and non apple products

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.