Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers is not Syncing with iCloud Drive

I am running iOS 8.0.2 on an iPhone 6 and iPad Air along with OS X 10 Yoesemite on the Public Beta ver 4.

Any Numbers Spreadsheet created on any of the 3 devices does not sync across all other devices. I have tried a number of different fixes including uploading directly to iCloud Drive via Safari, creating a sheet in each of the 3 separately, creating a sheet on one then emailing to myself and saving to Numbers, and a few other attempts to get the sheets to sync.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 5:11 PM

Try creating a new document in the app on your IOS device. After I did that, i.e. a new random spreadsheet in numbers, all of my documents downloaded.

36 replies

Oct 14, 2014 3:49 PM in response to GrumpyMark

Agreed, same issue here at my job, 4 iPad 2's running 8.0.2 and my Mac running Mavericks. I am aware that Mavericks does not work with iCloud Drive, but even the 4 iPads are not synching.

Was contacted by Apple/ iWork Support on October 3rd for my thread (iCloud, Numbers on iPad2 syncing issue) started September 23rd, but no response from them after 2 attempts of answering their questions.

Not looking good from my end...

Oct 16, 2014 8:22 PM in response to BlakeMAC027

Same Issue - I have been using iPhone 5s and iPad(s) with iCloud drive enabled for weeks without issue. I installed Yosemite to find that many of my iCloud documents were "out of sync" though the dups and trips all had the same dates and file names, etc. i opened every document to resolve the conflicts. Then logged into iCloud.com to verify that the folders and files were in fact in sync with my Mac Pro - Perfect. But now all 3 of my iOS devices fail to see the proper cloud collection. It's as though they are pointing to the old iCloud instead of iCloud Drive. Changes made on iOS don't reflect on iCloud.com. I tried uninstalling Numbers and Pages and reinstalling for clean download from the cloud but no luck.

Oct 17, 2014 2:36 AM in response to BlakeMAC027

I'm having the same problem. I thought that when Mavericks was launched along with an updated iOS Numbers app the cloud issues would be resolved. I held out hope for several months hoping this would be fixed but it's pretty broken still.

When I work on a document using my iPhone it takes quite a while to launch and it often freezes up while making edits. When I close the document it seems to show the arrow indicating it's uploading to the cloud but it never completes the process. My iPad is showing the document hasn't been updated for several days. Using Numbers on my desktop and from the web browser seems to work fine but trying to make edits while on the go just doesn't seem to work.

Oct 18, 2014 11:34 AM in response to BlakeMAC027

I am having the same issue also - have spent a few hours on the phone with some senior advisors all to no avail. My MBP is a lost cause at this point, my iPhone 6 Plus never downloads all the files, only about 10 of the 300 actually finish downloading. My iPad is the only thing that slightly works, but all the test documents that I have had to create for the AppleCare advisors show up as ghost documents, never fully downloading and I can't delete them even though they aren't on icloud.com page. I am having some SERIOUS issues with iCloud drive here!!

Oct 19, 2014 5:25 AM in response to tbperry

I am running IOS 8.02 on iphone 5s and Yosemite on Macbook pro 2010, and am having problems with icloud drive. It appears that Yosemite is not updating icloud drive with changes to a numbers sheet.

My iphone was not updating numbers so i disconnected icloud drive on the iphone which cleared all numbers sheets i then reconnected icloud drive and when eventually sheets reloaded they were an earlier version of the sheet suggesting Yosemite is not updating icloud.

Oct 19, 2014 10:24 AM in response to BlakeMAC027

My Numbers iCloud Drive syncing issue seems to be limited to my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.0.2. On my iPad 2 running iOS 8.0.2, I have verified that bi-directional syncing of Numbers spreadsheets works with my MacBook Pro 2010 running Yosemite. Both Keynote and Pages also seem to work in syncing via iCloud Drive with my MacBook Pro. I created a basic spreadsheet on my iPhone 6 using Numbers, but it doesn't show up in the File>Open dialog on my MBP under either iCloud or iCloud Drive. I also checked each app in Settings and discovered that although the Use iCloud option is turned on for Numbers in my iPad, it will not STAY turned on in my iPhone.... it keeps reverting to the OFF setting. Strange. I suspect somehow that's connected to the root cause. Apple - help!! I need iCloud Drive to work for my spreadsheets on my iPhone as well as my iPad.

Numbers is not Syncing with iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.