Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the unlocked iPhone 6 from UAE-Online-Apple-Store support LTE in UAE?

Currently I'm trying to buy an unlocked iPhone 6 from UAE Online Apple Store. The unlocked iPhone price was 650 AED cheaper than the local provider unlocked iPhone!

This makes me wonder why is that? and is there any thing technically different? And the most important question, is this inlocked iPhone 6, that I'm going to order from UAE Online Apple Store, will support LTE in UAE? (Note that all the carriers in UAE offer LTE on iPhone).

Just to make sure that all the same before I order it.

iPhone 6

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 12:40 PM

21 replies

Oct 13, 2014 10:03 AM in response to Ali.BZ

Hey I got mine from UAE online Apple store. After 5 days LTE is still not showing only 3G???? I have contacted Etisalat and Apple support by calling them both doesn't have any clue why it is not working. By the way its A1586 GSM model. Still searching for answers..... If you have got yours let me know if LTE is working on yours or not.

Oct 16, 2014 4:38 AM in response to SimplyFlyme

Do NOT buy the iphone 6 from UAE store. It is only unlocked as far as the carrier choice goes. There is NO FACETIME at all.

Apple should be ashamed at calling it unlocked! I ordered one and now they are delaying the return! It's absolutely no use to me if it doesn't work and is only suited to a market that embraces technology.

First, the term "unlocked" has nothing to do with which features are available to you. Second, the lack of FaceTime in the Middle East is nothing new. This is a restriction placed on Apple by local governments and carriers for all devices sold in those markets.

Read here: iPhone: Wireless carrier support and features

Oct 16, 2014 6:00 AM in response to SimplyFlyme

""Unlocked" by definition means UNRESTRICTED

Sorry, no, that's not what it means. Simply, it means it is usable of any supported operator, not a single operator to which the device is locked. Features have absolutely nothing to do with it.

This has been debated at length several times in this forum so I will not get into it with you. However, I will say this. If you are unhappy with the absence of FaceTime on your iDevice, Apple is not whom you should complain to but rather the government or telecommunications regulators in UAE.

Will the unlocked iPhone 6 from UAE-Online-Apple-Store support LTE in UAE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.