Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to import music from my ipod into itunes, is it possible?

My old laptop was destroyed, and I lost all of my music with exception of what's on m ipod currently. I got a new computer and installed itunes, but it's not giving me the option to import music into itunes from my ipod. I really want to be able to keep the music on my ipod, but I also have other music I want to add to itunes to add to my ipod later.

I have an ancient ipod classic, so I don't know if it's an issue because the ipod is so old, or if it's operator error because I'm just shy of computer illiterate. Help please!!

iPod classic, Windows 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 4:26 PM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2014 12:44 PM in response to the_deekers17

Hey the_deekers17,

Thanks for the question. You can transfer certain media types from your iPod to a new iTunes library. These include music, movies and TV shows that were purchased from the iTunes Store. If you have music imported from a CD or other source, iTunes can’t transfer this media back to a computer:

iTunes: Transferring media from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1209

Music imported from a CD or other source

- iTunes can't transfer this media back to your computer.

- Back up your iTunes library or use iTunes Match.

Thanks,

Matt M.

I want to import music from my ipod into itunes, is it possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.