Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Photos & Camera Storage say that I have used 767 MB of space but I have no photos at all?

I upgraded from a 4S to a 5S recently. I copied all the images off my 4S and put them on my computer. I then manually deleted all the images off the phone and then had an empty camera roll. I then backed up my 4S and placed a copy of the back up on my new 5S. It now says that I have 154 photos on my phone that totals up to 767 MB. I cannot find these photos anywhere. How do I remove these ghostly images?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 5:06 PM

6 replies

Oct 8, 2014 1:57 PM in response to Matt_M.

Hi Matt,

Sorry, that does not help me at all. I did have enough space, and was able to complete the process of adding my backup to the new phone. I just happened to look at my usage when I was done and was surprised to see that the phone said I had 154 pictures and it was taking up 767 MB when I know that there are no images on my phone. The issue is not about not having free space--it may be in the future if I can't find out where this 767 MB is coming from.

Thanks!

Oct 9, 2014 2:13 PM in response to missyek

Hey missyek,

Thanks for the follow up. While the article is titled for “Not enough free space”, the troubleshooting steps are applicable for your issue. I’ve included the excerpt that relates to your issue below:

[…] Orphaned files may remain on your iOS device if it is physically disconnected while syncing music, podcasts, videos, or photos. This can prevent iTunes from syncing the iOS device on subsequent sync sessions. When this happens, the Capacity indicator in iTunes may report a large amount of "Other" disk usage for the iOS device. To resolve this issue

iOS: "Not enough free space" alert when trying to sync

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1503

If your issue persists after following the above resource, you may find more information by using another one of Apple's support channels - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Thanks,

Matt M.

Why does my Photos & Camera Storage say that I have used 767 MB of space but I have no photos at all?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.