Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Map showing wrong name on Share Location iMessage feature?

My mother has a iPhone 5S and ios8. I showed her how to share her current location by clicking on details in the upper right-hand corner of our message.

When she did this it showed the correct map preview but it said the name of someone else who happened to be the contractor working on her new house in a different town.

At the bottom of my shared map it says my actual first and last name and location as it should.

What is causing this to happen?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2014 11:50 AM

This happened to me and I think I finally figured out how to fix it.

>Settings

>General

>Siri

>My Info ... from here select yourself from your contact list and and it should put a light gray "me" next to your name.

If you are not in your contact list - make a new contact with your name and cell number.

Hope this works. It worked for me.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2014 11:50 AM in response to karachromatic

This happened to me and I think I finally figured out how to fix it.

>Settings

>General

>Siri

>My Info ... from here select yourself from your contact list and and it should put a light gray "me" next to your name.

If you are not in your contact list - make a new contact with your name and cell number.

Hope this works. It worked for me.

Map showing wrong name on Share Location iMessage feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.