Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy a T-mobile contract free phone, can I use it in China with Chinese SIM card?

Also, can I use AT&T sim card in the T-mobile contract free phone?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 6:08 PM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2014 1:17 PM in response to czjjj_233

Hi there czjjj_233,

According to the articles below, it looks like you will need to contact T-Mobile in either situation.

iPhone: About unlocking

iPhone and iPad: Using cellular networks while in another country

Many carriers offer international voice and data plans. Always contact your current carrier for details about international-roaming countries, SIMs, rates, and policies before you travel to another country. While you may not need an international plan to use voice or data roaming on your iPhone or iPad, your carrier may charge additional fees or higher data rates if you don't have an international plan.

-Griff W.

If I buy a T-mobile contract free phone, can I use it in China with Chinese SIM card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.