Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download older purchases

Hello,

Two weeks ago i changed the email adress associated with my AppleID. Now, i need to re download some purchases made before i changed that email adress, but when i click on the price of a song, for example, i only receive a warning telling me that i already purchased that, and asks me if i want to re-purchase it. How am i supposed to re download it? Check for available downloads doesn't help me at all.

Also, if i purchase a song on my iPhone, to have the same song on my Macbook without syncing what am i supposed to do? My iTunes does not have an automatic downloads for music, only apps.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 8:02 AM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2014 8:10 AM in response to Community User

If you go to the Purchased tab in the iTunes app on your phone can you redownload music (you can't in all countries) - and similarly there is a Purchased tab in the App Store app.

On your Mac's iTunes there should be a Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage for redownloading items.

If you change countries or if the rights-holder removes an item from the store then you won't be able to redownload them.

For the automatic downloads of music, your Mac's iTunes is up-to-date - I get tickboxes for both music and apps (I'm in the UK) as shown on this page : Enable Automatic Downloads.

Oct 7, 2014 8:37 AM in response to King_Penguin

My iTunes is 11.4, so i guess it is the last version. This is how my iTunes looks like.

I just bought a song, to make a test. I cannot download it on my iPhone, unless i probably sync my phone. I thought that's going to be an easy process, i mean something simple..apparently is very complicated and is giving me headaches..

LE: Neither on my iPhone nor on my iTunes at the Automatic Downloads i don't have Music (only Apps - both phone and mac and updates only on iPhone).

<Edited by Host>

Oct 7, 2014 8:38 AM in response to Community User

As we are fellow users here on these forums, you're not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple, I've asked the hosts to remove your screenshot from your post as it contains your email address.

As your email address ends it .ro I assume that you are in Romania - if you are then music can't be redownloaded there (automatic downloads counts as redownloading), you will need to connect your phone to your computer's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy your music over to it

How to download older purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.