Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios8 turn off cellular data for podcasts

iOS8 on iPhone 5S, when I turn off cellular data for Podcasts, it turns it back on when I exit the setting. This happens both under Cellular Data and under Podcasts. Turn it off, it stays turns off as long as I'm looking at it, but if I exit and go back in, it has turned cellular data back on. How to get cellular data turned off for Podcasts. Since downloading iOS8 I am using cellular data like crazy, cant figure out how or why, I keep trying to turn it all off, but the Podcasts won't stay turned off.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 9:22 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2015 1:05 PM in response to JH1126

Not sure if you ever got this resolved but I upgraded to 8.3 a couple of days ago and suddenly had the same problem. Did a chat session with an Apple technician and got the solution:

Settings\Podcasts\Only Download on Wi-Fi.....turn this ON. It doesn't matter if you turn "Use Cellular Data" OFF because the "Only Download on Wi-Fi" will override the cellular data setting. Anyway, turning cellular data OFF still will not stick. Hopefully a future update will fix this....? We can only hope.

You can then test your settings by turning wi-fi OFF and trying to download (or even search for) a Podcast. It should not work until you turn wi-fi back on.

Hope this helps.

ios8 turn off cellular data for podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.