Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud 4.0 installation problem using Windows 7

I'm having continuing installation problems with iCloud 4.0 on my Windows 7 Desktop (running Windows 7 Ultimate service pack 1).

Apple Software Update Error...."Errors occurred while installing the updates. If the problem persists, choose Tools > Download Only and try installing manually."

I tried installing manually, and it still fails, rollsback and reinstates 3.1.

iCloud version 3.1 is operation OK.

I've tried uninstalling 3.1 but still having installation issues with 4.0.

So I've reinstated 3.1 meantime...

I have an iPad2 operating ios 8.0.2 and it is OK.

Please help me resolve this ?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 8:29 AM

7 replies

Oct 10, 2014 9:09 AM in response to mrimurphy

Still having the same problem on my 64bit Windows 7 M/C, but NOT my 32bit Windows 7 M/C

iCloud 4.0 installed without error on my 32bit M/C ?

However, here is the error I get on my 64bit M/C (see screenshot).

Is there a problem when attempting to run this, when using the 64bit version of iTunes ?

iCloud 3.1 runs OK, but iCloud 4.0 does not install.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ?

User uploaded file

May 6, 2015 7:00 AM in response to justharry1

April 7, 2015 ... same problem here. Still no acknowledgement of issue by Apple and/or any sign of fix. I am a devoted Apple shareholder and multiple device/phone owner ... but dealing with this issue (rather, not dealing with it or even acknowledging it) is not their brightest moment.

May 6, 2015 ... Well, the disappointment continues with the latest release of iCloud for Windows version 4.1. Have never been able to install the previous release (4.0.2) - the installation program runs, then ultimately reports that there was a problem with the "installation package", then the install quits and backs out. I was very optimistic that Apple would address this problem with their new release, but - Alas - the identical problem persists.

Apple ... if you are listening - please address this issue. Either issue a release that programs the problem out, or provide step by step instructions if there is something we need to do/run on our PCs running Windows 7 64 bit in order to successfully install the new release. Thank you!

icloud 4.0 installation problem using Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.