Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An old hotmail account which has been deactivated pops up when I use iCloud. No password will open it.

Got an iPhone 6. When attempting to use the Cloud to transfer photos a deactivated hotmail email pops up and asks for a password. Microsoft support says no password will open this email account. How do I get rid of this account and be able to use my current email address for the Cloud.

Thanks for any help you could provide

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 9:17 AM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2014 10:50 AM in response to utahwoman

utahwoman

Since we here are users like you, we can't get to the back-end of the issues many face. You are going to need to folow the path that Apple lays out for contacts regarding email addresses and login credentials. To wit...

Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Primary eMail | Cannot Change Primary email address after following kbHT5261 - email Community Accounts

Manage your primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Change your Apple ID

2-step verification FAQ

Can't sign in with 2-step verification

hope these help... tip = the first is the path I think you will need to take, as it will take a real-live person to manually remove the Hotmail email address from the database.

best luck

CCC

An old hotmail account which has been deactivated pops up when I use iCloud. No password will open it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.