Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with making playlists on iPhone 6 plus running iOS8,please help!

Iphone6 plus 128G

IOS8.02

IInitially I restored my phone from my previously used iPhone 5 that was updated to IOS 8.01 backed up the same day I got my iphone 6 plus. It stalled when installing the 2nd out of 400 apps. I had already hit the "X" button on iTunes to stop the sync so I couldn't do the "wifi-sync" trick to keep it going. Anyways I eventually turned it into airplane mode after unplugging it and starting the sync over. Was able to restore everything on my old iPhone, updated my software to 8.02 then updated all my apps, and sync'd my phone again and created a backup on my computer and iCloud. Saw people were having problems with syncing playlists, but all mine showed up except recently added and recently played.

My question is how to create a playlist on my phone. I was trying to create a new playlist on my phone, was able to create a new playlist, hit the edit button to add songs, added all the songs I wanted, but then I'm stuck here. There's no button to "finalize/create" the playlist after all the songs are added. It will let me go to other playlists, my songs/albums/artists/etc tabs, but at the top It just says add songs to playlist. When I go to the playlists tab and go to the newly created playlist it just has the playlist name and says there's no songs in the playlist.

any help would be appreciated!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8, iOS 8.02, 128G, Space Grey

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 12:17 PM

19 replies

Oct 8, 2014 8:23 PM in response to Dash_092

Well I took it to the Apple Store and before I could say "don'tttttttttt" the guy close the application and restarted it. This fixed the problem, but caused me to have to re-add all the songs which takes forever if you have a lotta songs and are making a specific type of playlist. It happened when my iPhone was hooked up to my car's stereo via a lightning to usb cable and my car has a rudimentary representation of the "playlist" folders on the nav screen so I guess this just geeked out the new iPhone software too much.

Oct 15, 2014 3:07 PM in response to gail from maine

I actually figured it out.

This problem occures if you edit a playlist while listening to music.

As soon as it switches to the next Song, the button "done" gets replaced by the arrow which takes you to the currently played song.

Stop the music before editing the playlist.

@Apple: please fix this, it is actually an annoying bug. I always listen to the playlist I edit to match the sound of the songs.

Dec 6, 2014 3:34 AM in response to Hookemdustin

hi

i was just creating a playlist when the Done button disappeared. i then tried to make it happen again and i did:

-play a song

-then make a new playlist

-select some songs for the playlist

-wait for the song to change and when it does select some songs to add from the artist/album section

-the song change turns the "Done" button to "now playing"

-now you've gotta quit the app because there is not way to finish adding to playlist or change the song you're listening to D:

here are photos before and after the song changes, note the text at the top right of the screen:

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

After the button changes there is no way of getting the 'done' button back so you have to quit the app 😟

i am also on an iPhone 6

Apr 3, 2015 5:04 PM in response to ordainer000

I feel your pain! I've been having so many problems w music on my iPhone 6 it's disgusting. First I was unable to create a playlist. Then I could but unable to add songs. None of the graphics people posted in this thread appeared on my screen.

Another time about half of my songs didn't appear, and then they did. When I first got my phone I wasn't able to download my songs from my iTunes, but when I finally did they were duplicated so I had to spend a lot of time deleting the dupes. Now my library shows dupes but when I go to Settings to delete, the dupes don't appear.

This is my first Apple and ironically I've had more problems managing my iTunes than I did with the other phones. And ditto for other features.

Next phone I'm going back to Android.

Apr 4, 2015 1:04 AM in response to beth917

if you're having problems with the iPhone the best thing to do is reboot it (hold down the power button and slide shut down message on screen, then when the screen goes completely black hold the power button again to reboot), or if you're having other trouble with the music on the device sync it with computer. but if you do sync it it may put duplicates back. how many songs do you have on the device? would it be easier to go into iTunes, delete them all, and then put them back on? also have you downloaded the new iTunes, it may have fixed some of the bugs/issues you're having.

Trouble with making playlists on iPhone 6 plus running iOS8,please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.