Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add a hotmail account to mac mail?

Does anyone know how to add a hotmail email account to my mac book pro mail? I have tried doing it several different ways but none seem to work. All of the tips online don't seem to work either. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 1:00 PM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2014 6:40 AM in response to ClaireC89

Hotmail.com has now become Outlook.com

The nearest thing to an official Microsoft answer I have found is here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osend/how-to-set-up- mac-mail-to-sync-your-outlookcom/afdfe981-20c7-4d4a-b6b1-9329b27f018a

Since Hotmail.com has become Outlook.com it should apply to you as well.

I also found the following http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-set-up-my-hotmail-account-on-m ac-3500828/

To summarise it should be possible to set it up in Apple Mail as (preferably) an IMAP type account, or also a POP3 type account. So far there does not seem to be a way to add the Contacts or Calendars to the respective programs on the Mac. Windows users can use Outlook and get all three.

Oct 8, 2014 6:47 AM in response to John Lockwood

If you want to set up a Hotmail address for POP access in Mail (or any other Mac client) you must use the live.com servers rather than the Outlook servers:

Create a new POP email account using the following settings:

• POP (incoming mail) server: pop3.live.com
  • POP port: 995
  • POP SSL/TLS required: yes
  • POP user name: your complete Outlook.com email address (including "@outlook.com", "@live.com" or "@hotmail.com", for instance; use the account's main address, not an alias)
  • POP password: an Outlook.com application password (with two-step authentication enabled) or your Outlook.com password

How to add a hotmail account to mac mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.