Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c on 8.0.2 - Calendar "chord" won't stay

On my iPhone 5c, running iOS 8.0.2, I was wondering why I never heard an alert when calendar items came due. Answer: the notification sound was set to "None". I changed it to the default, "Chord", but when I went back to the previous screen it was still "None". Any other sound stays selected, but Chord goes back to None every time. Chord is present - when you select it you do hear the sound - it just won't stay selected in Settings.

On my iPad Air, also running 8.0.2, the Calendar "Chord" entry works fine.

Strange...

iPhone 5c, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 12:29 PM

6 replies

Nov 12, 2014 7:14 AM in response to Doug Eldred

For whatever it's worth, my problem has been resolved.

I experienced the same problem when I moved from my iPhone 5c to an iPhone 6, restoring from a final 5c backup. After some experiments, I reset all SETTINGS (but kept apps, data, etc.) and I now get Calendar alert sounds properly.

Simply erasing and restoring didn't help. Doing a hard "reset" (Home and Power buttons for several seconds) didn't help. Apparently a setting went bad, and was duly backed up and restored, so only clearing all settings helped. A little painful, but less painful than a complete "set up as a new iPhone" and start over from scratch - especially trying to re-add data in the Health app and other apps.

Apr 15, 2015 5:34 PM in response to Doug Eldred

I appreciate all suggestions. I have iPhone 8.3. People with much more computer savvy and I, have "fixed" the problem, to no avail. We thought the problem was solved at the Apple store but again, no luck. I notice on the screen where everything else is in black type, the words for the alert terms are still grey, Even though I have done the entire dance to get it fixed. I'm beginning to wonder if this version just does not have this capability. Any thoughts?

iPhone 5c on 8.0.2 - Calendar "chord" won't stay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.