Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 plus stuck in landscape mode rotation failure

Hi

My iPhone 6 plus keeps getting stuck in landscape mode even though rotation is not locked. Is this a bug, is there a fix?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 12:43 PM

5 replies

Oct 9, 2014 8:52 AM in response to Sunnifromlondon

Hi Sunnifromlondon,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If your iPhone screen is not rotating as expected, there could be several potential causes. First, we can attempt some troubleshooting steps that may resolve the issue.

I recommend going through all of the steps in this support site article:

iOS: Screen does not rotate

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Oct 7, 2015 8:34 AM in response to Sunnifromlondon

I have this problem too on my iPhone 6 Plus. It started showing up after upgrading to iOS 9.

springboard can rotate itself to landscape mode even if the phone is held in portrait mode, and then refuses to rotate any other way. It can be resolved by opening any app while holding the phone in portrait mode and then return to springboard.

Oct 7, 2015 10:03 AM in response to Sunnifromlondon

I Have a similar problem. New iPhone 6s plus. I restored from I icloud back up of my previous iPhone 6. display is set to standard and rotation lock is not on. iOS 9.02

Home screen does not rotate to landscape, and when it does it doesn't rotate back to portrait with the phone. Rotation within apps works fine. The only way I can get the home screen to rotate is to swipe on it with my finger as if I'm trying to swipe to the next page while the phone is rotated, in that case it will rotate match the phone's orientation.

I Did a "restore all settings" yesterday and it fixed the problem for one day until the battery died and phone restarted and then the problem returned.

Seems like software bug. Apple please fix.

Oct 19, 2015 6:49 AM in response to Sunnifromlondon

I too have this issue on my 6s Plus. About half the time, when I unlock my phone, the home screen/Springboard pops up in landscape mode. Mind you, this is when it is clearly upright in portrait orientation in my hands.

It stays in landscape even if I re-orient the phone back and forth. HOWEVER, if I swipe to another home screen, then Springboard "magicallly" realizes it's upright and switches to portrait mode. :-/

Additional notes:

• My 6 Plus didn't have this issue.
  • I set up my 6s Plus as a new phone. I didn't restore from a backup.

I have an appointment with the Genius Bar this weekend.

Iphone 6 plus stuck in landscape mode rotation failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.