Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Letter to Apple - please give us our webjournals back!

Dear apple,

I'm working for over two years on a webjournal documenting the birth and growup of my little daughter.

After the update to iOS8 on my ipad suddenly I lost all of my work of 2 years - iPhoto is not working under iOS8 without warning!

Are you serious about what you are doing to me and all other webjournal-users in the world? You have a responsibility to preserve and protect our work, because we TRUSTED in apple!

You left us alone without any help, support, warning or the chance to save our work to another place or format.

It's not the whole story to just export all the images out of the webjournal but it's also about the design, the text, the metadata...

What will we loose next?

Please advice for a working and future-proof solution.

i hope Apple will respond at least here.

regards,

Gregor

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 1:34 PM

24 replies

Oct 7, 2014 1:45 PM in response to GregsonS

Hi..

Are you using the iPhoto for iOS app here > iPhoto for iOS (iPad): Share your web journal as a webpage

iPhoto works fine on iOS 8 here on both iPhone and iPad.

You can delete the iPhoto app then reintsall without losing any photos but they should be backed up to either iTunes or iCloud regardless.

Choosing an iOS backup method (Should I use iTunes or iCloud to back up my iOS device?)

Letter to Apple - please give us our webjournals back!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.