Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unable to download item" pop up after iOS 8 update

Since I've updated my iPad mini to iOS 8, I keep getting this pop up whenever I'm connected to wi-fi:

Unable to download item. Item could not be downloaded at this time - Done or Retry"

Whether I tap Done or Retry, it just pops up again (not immediately, just randomly)

Then one day, it came up with:

"Unable to download item. "Nothing Was The Same - Digital Booklet" could not be downloaded at this time - Done or Retry"

I bought Drake's album LAST YEAR and since I've updated it to iOS 8 (never happened to the other iOS 7 updates), it keeps popping up like crazy

I thought updating my iPad to iOS 8.0.2 would help - but nope, I was forced to restore my iPad. And the message still keeps popping up

When you buy an album - where does the digital booklet go? I never got it, I don't care for it - just wanted the music

How can I get this message to go away? It's really annoying,

iPad, iOS 8, iPad mini

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 2:04 PM

5 replies

Oct 7, 2014 2:11 PM in response to iHeartPopTarts

Hi ..

Have you tried a reset yet?

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

You might also try restarting your router then try downloading again.

These suppport articles may come in handy ..

iBooks: Syncing iTunes Digital Booklets to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Frequently asked questions about iBooks

Oct 21, 2014 4:18 AM in response to iHeartPopTarts

Just updated and I thought it might cure the problem.

It hasn't !

I've tried everything apart from a full restore,but others have tried that unsuccessfully and its a lot of hassle.

I've been into itunes on my laptop and identified 2 other digital booklets. Deleted them amd emptied recycle bin. Updated iTunes Match

It's still there.

There must be a way of finding out what item it's actually trying to download !

Could the Apple Store genius sort this out ?

"Unable to download item" pop up after iOS 8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.