Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 virus malware

Does anyone know how to get rid of viruses or malware on iPhone. I had the same problem with my iPhone 4s and when I got my new 6 the virus must have transfered. Everytime when I am in safari doesn't matter what site I am on a new window will pop up that's solid white then I am transferred to the App Store usually with a game app open. Does anyone know how to stop this? I have deleted cookies made sure pop up blocker is on deleted all website data and it won't stop this is one of the windows/tabs that will openUser uploaded file

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 7:10 PM

37 replies

Jul 17, 2017 7:08 AM in response to Jennybarba

I know because there are NO viruses or other malware that affect iOS devices unless they are jailbroken. As long as yours is not jailbroken none of your issues are caused by a virus. It's possible that your Apple ID account was hacked, or that your account with your bank was hacked. Neither of those have anything to do with your iPhone.

If a bank deletes your account that does not delete it from your iTunes Store account; you must do that yourself. Of course, the next time you try to charge something to your iTunes Store account the charge will be rejected, but Apple does not continuously monitor to see if your linked account is valid. This is no different from any Internet website that stores your credit card information, such as Amazon.

Aug 31, 2017 8:41 AM in response to arrgos

You cannot infect a non-jailbroken phone currently. Not sure what you mean by unlocked; SIM unlocked, or simply not passcode locked?

I say "currently" because there is a constant arms race between the good guys and the bad guys. Apple is normally on top of the action; for example, a flaw was found in the firmware of the radio chip (WiFi & Bluetooth) a few months ago that would potentially allow the phone to be hacked through a public WiFi hotspot; Apple released a patch (10.3.3) to block it a week after it was discovered. The same chip (and vulnerability) is in most Android phones; while Google released a patch as fast as Apple did, Android updates go through manufacturers, and some were faster than others in releasing it.

Apple's constant vigilance is also true for MacOS, which is why you don't need antivirus on a Mac (indeed, most of them do more harm than good).

Aug 31, 2017 12:04 PM in response to arrgos

Correct. iOS does not execute scripts in PDFs, so they are always safe. Photos of any format that the iPhone supports cannot contain malware. The one thing to be aware of is photos in websites and photo links in email can report to the site owner when you view them. This isn't exactly malware, but it does provide information to the site owner that you received the email or visited the site. This is used almost universally by both legitimate and non-legitimate providers to determine content views.

iPhone 6 virus malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.