Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to get the Iphone 6 but my carrier is MetroPcs. Can I buy the T-Mobile one and take it to MetroPcs?

I want to get the Iphone 6 but my carrier is MetroPcs. Can I buy the T-Mobile one and take it to MetroPcs?

I really want to upgrade my phone b/c the one I have now is dying but, if I'm gonna upgrade I'm gonna have it for like 3 years. Can you but the IPhone 6 (GSM Unlocked) T-Mobile and take it to a different carrier or do you have to go through some special process.

Someone PLEASEEE HELP MEE!! I wanna plead my case to my mom as soon as possible.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 5:20 PM

3 replies

May 27, 2015 2:59 PM in response to Klainerangi

If you buy an unlocked iPhone 6 (btw all verizon iPhone 6's are factory unlocked) you can bring your own phone and activate it by either buying a sim online and calling metropcs to get it activated or go into a store and they will charge $20-$30 for a SIM card and get you activated. I've had an iPhone 5s and 6 going on metropcs for a year. Since the iOS 8.1.3 update, if your in a bad service area and lose LTE you will have to reboot your phone to get your LTE back. iOS 8.1.2 had a toggle to turn LTE on and off but iOS 8.1.3 and up that option has been eliminated. Also, everytime I receive or make a phone call my phone drops to Edge or GRPS and I have to reboot my phone. It's a hassle and I don't recommend metropcs unless you're on a real tight budget. I have unlimited everything including LTE for $61 per month. Sometimes I use 200-300 gigs of data by using MyWi or Tetherme. There is no current jailbreak for the current iOS 8.3 firmware so my iPhone is no fun. I'd suggest getting a Galaxy S6 and bringing it in on the bring your own device plan!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.