Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes wants to keep restoring my iPhone 4S

Every time I plug my iPhone into my laptop to try and add songs etc., it tells me there is an error and that I have to restore my phone.

I've restored my phone at least 6 times the other week when I plugged it in, and it first happened. I plugged it in for the first time since earlier, and it said the same thing again. I keep losing everything in the meantime - photos, texts etc and I don't want to do it again.

Any ideas why this keeps happening? What it might be? or what I can do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 4:29 PM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2015 6:37 PM in response to Kateambss

This has just happened to me with my iPhone 6s Plus. It successfully restored from a backup the first time, then when I plugged my phone in again to add some music, iTunes asked me to restore it again. It seems counter intuitive, but if you select "set up as new" vs. restoring it from an old back up, your phone will remain as is and iTunes will then allow you to sync or back up. I haven't had the problem since!

iTunes wants to keep restoring my iPhone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.