Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks: Sys Prefs:"Security" pane:"Privacy" tab: how can I identify apps controlling my Mac ?

In the Mavericks: System Preferences:"Security" pane:"Privacy" tab:"Accessability" window -- how can I identify the 'paths' of apps that are allowed to control my Mac ?

I currently have two apps named "Installer" , and I can't know where they are located, on my filesystem , so I don't know whether-or-not to uncheck their boxes !

I have an Apple Support document, but it doesn't answer my issue:

OS X: Using AppleScript with Accessibility and Security features in Mavericks

😕

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), ;6GB RAM;hp D110a;Nano(5th gen.)

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 8:25 PM

If you have third party download and or installer software applications that you continue to use, then do not uncheck those items in Accessibility and Security in Mavericks. They are used to control your downloads but if you are finished with the software uncheck and said items. Remember you can always recheck them anytime.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2014 8:25 PM in response to leftblank15

If you have third party download and or installer software applications that you continue to use, then do not uncheck those items in Accessibility and Security in Mavericks. They are used to control your downloads but if you are finished with the software uncheck and said items. Remember you can always recheck them anytime.

Mavericks: Sys Prefs:"Security" pane:"Privacy" tab: how can I identify apps controlling my Mac ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.