Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple DRM video error iOS 8

I upgraded my iPad to iOS 8.01. I am no longer able to view apple store purchased video via the Seagate Media application. https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/seagate-media/id431912202?mt=8

Previously when I tapped on a store bought video it would switch to Safari and I could proceed to watch the video. Under iOS 8 I now get a Mobile Safari DRM error and a suggestion that I authorize the iPad. I can confirm that I can view apple video through the standard videos application and that the iPad is authorized.

I have attempted to report the issue to Seagate however I note that on their app store details page of the Seagate Media application they have the following entry:

What's New in Version 2.7.2.2 Posted sep 30, 2014

Due to issues in iOS 8, iTunes purchased videos cannot be played. We have reported this issue to Apple. Please help us by contacting Apple to raise the priority.

I am therefore, according to Seagate, at the mercy of Apple for this issue to be resolved. Is it possible for this issue to be addressed soon? I can only assume that other 3rd party providers have encountered similar issues.

thanks,

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 8:09 PM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2014 11:33 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

Ok I guess I should have realised that Apple doesn't moderate these forums.

As far as Seagate is concerned they are clearly indicating that they believe that Apple has made a change to iOS which is not solvable within their application. The Seagate app exists because it links to their Wireless Plus Hard drive, this allows streaming of videos from the HDD to the iOS device and as indicated previously where it is an itunes video the seagate app would switch to Safari to play the file. Has anyone experienced similar issues with like applications? eg Corsair Voyager Air?

Apple DRM video error iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.