Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot seem to find where to show master track please help

I have finished some projects mixing them and would like to master them however I cannot seem to find the master track option. I go to tracks at the top bar and it doesnt give me show master track though it does give me everything else such as show track marker or time signature. Is something wrong with the logic X I have? Your help is appreciated.

Logic Pro X

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 5:14 PM

Except, for some odd reason.... in LPX it is no longer called the Master track so the User Guide is now incorrect......

It is now called the Output track..........

So the command you are looking for is Track/Show Output Track...

6 replies

Oct 9, 2014 9:00 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

The Output Channel Strip and the Master Channel Strip are still two different types of Channel Strips with their own name. The only confusing thing is how the menu command is presented.

Two conditions:

Condition 1: There is no Surround Channel Strip in your Project

In that case the menu command is Show/Hide Output Track. The confusing part might be that the Key command is using the letter M (like Master). Choosing this command creates a Track in the Tracks Window that is assigned to the Output Channel Strip.

User uploaded file

Condition 2: There is at least one Surround Channel Strip in your Project

In that case the menu command is Show/Hide Master Track. Choosing this command creates a Track in the Tracks Window that is assigned to the Master Channel Strip. In addition, working in surround, the Output Tracks and Master Track behave different than in Stereo (but that is a different topic).

User uploaded file

Create Track for any Channel Strip

Alternatively,one can always use the "Create Track" command when control+clicking on a Channel Strip to create a Track in that Tracks Window assigned to that Channel Strip. In this screenshot I created a Track for both, the Output Channel Strip and the Master Channel Strip.

User uploaded file

Here is a diagram from my book "Logic Pro X - How it Works" that shows in a signal flow diagram that the Output Channel Strip has the actual audio (blue) running through, but the Master Channel Strip only controls (red) the level offset (same as with Folder Stacks). Again, this is for stereo, in Surround, there are a few differences.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Oct 9, 2014 10:28 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Thanks Edgar...

As I rarely delve into Surround mixes in LPX.... (I still use LP9 for the more important projects) I was unaware of the differences in the menu items in LPX when a Surround Channel Strip is present.

Therefore, I truly appreciate the excellent, clear info (and screenshots..) as always... as it has helped me understand better some of the reasoning behind what seemed to me to be simply an error in the User Guide. I know see that it's not so clear cut! 🙂

This is also why I highly recommend (and own) your LPX Guide....... for it provides the same quality of information and presentation and when used with via iBooks on an iPad, it's become an indispensable tool for me to have on hand....

Cheers..

Nigel

Oct 10, 2014 9:45 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Nigel, thanks for your compliments and recommendations.

I'm knee-deep into writing the second Logic book "Logic Pro X - The Details" with 250 pages completed and a long way to go. Flex, Automation, Notation, Environment, Synchronization and Surround are only a few of the topics that cover everything with the same graphically enhanced style. The notation chapter alone is 90 pages long and finally explains that subject in a detail not found in any Logic book (and I've read them all).

I'm trying to get the book out by the end of the year.

Edgar Rothermich

I cannot seem to find where to show master track please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.