Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send iMessage to one person

I just got my iPhone 6 yesterday and its already giving me problems. I can't send imessages to one contact which happens to be my boyfriend. on my iPhone 5 which had iOS 8 it was fine but now nothing. it was working fine for a bit but just stopped working an hour ago. I tried rebooting my phone, restarting the thread, restarting all the networks, sending as texts, literally everything and nothing works. please help me fix this, out of every contact it's my boyfriend who just lost his best friend and I can't even text him back. I'm so frustrated and can't make my way to an apple store for another 6 hours.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 12:51 PM

Hi there katie22xo.

According to the article below, it looks like you may need delete the thread and create a new one.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.

-Griff W.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2014 12:51 PM in response to katie22xo

Hi there katie22xo.

According to the article below, it looks like you may need delete the thread and create a new one.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.

-Griff W.

Jul 30, 2015 12:29 AM in response to griff w

Hi Griff W.

I have the same problem. I send/receive imessages with everyone but everytime I try to send an imessage to my husband, it gets sent as a text message. I have deleted the thread numerous times but I just don't get that option. I have an iPhone 6 and my husband has an iPhone 5s.

Both of us live in UAE, we have data plans/wifi all the time. I am aware that facetime doesn't work here but I have other contacts living in the UAE who chat with me on iMessage.

Please help.

Can't send iMessage to one person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.