Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I install Pages anymore?

I have a late-2011 version of the Macbook Pro, bought in early 2012 and running OS X Lion 10.7.5. Sometime later in the year I paid $19.99 to download Pages from the App Store as it did not automatically come with my Mac. Recently my hard drive broke and was replaced by Apple under my Apple Care warranty, and now I have to re-install my old apps. When I go to the App Store, under Purchases I can see that Pages is there. But when I click Install, I get the message, "We could not complete your purchase. Pages cannot be installed on Macintosh HD because Mac OS X version 10.9 or later is required."

Seriously?! I already paid a lot for this product and only got two years out of the purchase. I don't want to update to Mavericks just to have Pages.

Why does this problem exist anyway? If I didn't update iTunes, it's not like I wouldn't have access to the music I already purchased. I don't understand why this is the case with the App Store.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 8:54 AM

12 replies

Oct 8, 2014 9:02 AM in response to Csound1

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately I didn't. I almost lost all of my files because I was careless, and thankfully the workers who replaced my hard drive were able to transfer documents from the broken drive to the new one. However, none of my applications were transferred over, though some application data was (my Firefox profile was still active when I re-installed it, for example, but none of my Stickies were saved). Pages doesn't show up in my Applications folder, is it possible it could be hiding somewhere else?

Oct 23, 2014 1:49 AM in response to Csound1

Sadly, not much came of that interaction. Each time I received a response it seemed there was something I didn't understand or a word missing in a sentence. Eventually I asked if it was possible for a friend to send me an old version of Pages and if I would be able to link it to my own Apple ID, and I was recommended to talk to the technical department (via a phone number). I'm not comfortable enough with the language of the country I'm living in to give them a call though, so I guess I'll be putting this off for a bit.

For the record I checked Pages in the App Store again, and it seems they have another new version that is only compatible with Yosemite. Glad I didn't bother updating to Mavericks!

Thanks for all your help, Csound1.

Why can't I install Pages anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.