Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 iBook app waste a lot of storage

MY iBook app on IPad 2 wasted a lot of storage space. After I delete all my iBooks and PDFS, it still cost me over 800 MB storage!

Is it a bug? How can I free more storage?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, Complaint, willing to discuss.

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 6:42 AM

14 replies

Oct 11, 2014 3:27 AM in response to muhtaria

I'm sorry I didn't realize I was talking with two people. It was actually your question that I saw the 800 MG number earlier today. I saw yours just after I replied to Vince Ma and it was so similar that I thought it was a repost. Thanks for clarifying matters. Unfortunately since iBooks can't be removed I don't have a solution to the problem.

Apr 24, 2015 11:48 PM in response to Vince Ma

I finally found a way to really get rid of the very large text books I wanted to delete. Simply deleting them from ibooks did not work. The usage still showed that these "deleted" text books were taking up 1.9 GB of space in ibooks. Reseting the cache in itunes (preferences, advanced) didn't work either.

I simply downloaded a much smaller book and synced the ipad with itunes. During the sync process, the new data finally replaced the old data (including the huge text books that were sitting in some cache). Poof! They are finally gone and the usage now shows 9.4 MB instead of 1.9 GB. Yaay!

Try it .. it may work for you too.

Sep 25, 2016 2:38 AM in response to A Trail

I would kiss you if I could 😍. My IBooks has been recording using 7.6 GB of space for months and months, which was giving me recurrent problems when I wanted to store photos. I had deleted all books form my IPad, but no space was freed up. Today I got around to tackling it, followed your advice and could not believe that for the first time in goodness knows when, I have more unused storage than used! I had my son's thesis on it and wonder if that was the biggest file. Anyhow, I will try to never, ever use IBooks from now on. Infuriating app. Xx I am also feeling dead clever

iOS 8 iBook app waste a lot of storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.