Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 - restart screen with apple logo randomly appears during phone calls

On the new iphone 6 (both 8.0 and 8.02 os) I have the following issue:

1) I am on a phone call (the phone is either in my hand or sitting on the table (and I am using ear phones))

2) The phone call appears to end (silence on the call)

3) I look at the phone and it appears to be restarting (meaning that I see a black screen with the apple logo)

4) After 3-4 seconds the call will re-engage and the screen goes back to normal

This is not related (best I can tell) to proximity related issues as (a) the screen is the restart screen (it is not blank - it has the apple logo) (b) I seem to lose the call for a about 3-4 seconds ...

This appears inconsistently - some days I will have no issues while on other days it will happen once or twice in a day - it doesn't appear to be linked to any particular phone number, time of day or other environmental factors.

I have restarted the phone a couple of times but it re-emerges.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 10:07 AM

20 replies

Nov 22, 2014 6:17 AM in response to EBQUESTIONS

I too have this issue despite updating to 8.1.1

Other than these i have experienced the following priblems as well.

1)unable to answer a call. Only the red "end call" is seen on the screen.

2) after completing a call, the screen takes ages to return to phone menu. When i press the home button I can see the green call in progress notification on top.

3) momentery black out. No button works and the screen is dead. Only a forced restart by simultaneously pressung the home and sleep button, returns the phone to normal.

4)Wifi issues with my retina mini.

issues 1 &2 along with the main issue of apple logo during calls,was only noticed when connected to headphon

I thought apple will fix this with new update. IOS is still rewuires a lot of debugging. Apple really needs to sort these.

iphone 6 - restart screen with apple logo randomly appears during phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.