Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes look blurry?

I just got a new computer and after installing iTunes i realized that everything in the program looks blurry. Even the icon for it. Text and buttons. Video seems to look fine but everything else looks like theres something wrong with the screen.

This computer wiz I know told me to right click the desktop and see if the resolution was set to the highest and it already seems to be. Internet Explorer and every other program like it all look sharp and normal.

Does anyone know if this is some setting I dont know about? It's really annoying.

regular computer-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 11:21 AM

18 replies

Oct 8, 2014 11:31 PM in response to KeithWard42

This because you probably have a high DPI screen. The factory settings would have the Display Scaling set at something other than smallest. The solution is to change the settings for iTunes (and any other blurry program).

Right click on the shortcut for iTunes.

Click on Properties

Select the Compatibility tab.

Check the box next to Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

Here's a site with some more information on the subject:

http://www.howtogeek.com/175664/how-to-make-the-windows-desktop-work-well-on-hig h-dpi-displays-and-fix-blurry-fonts/

Oct 9, 2014 6:32 PM in response to Ben Taylor3

Thanks for the reply.

What I'm gathering is that my resolution is too high? I couldn't find the settings you mentioned where you said they were, but I did manage to find some high PPI something and it turned everything in iTunes REALLY small. So I switched it back to normal.

I guess I will have to get used to it for now. Really hope this is fixed because it looks really bad. Oh well. Thanks again!

Jul 1, 2015 12:54 AM in response to KeithWard42

I'm having the same issues, and they even remain with the new iTunes version 12.2 released with Apple Music yesterday. Obviously the software is unable to scale elements correctly, like several other software that cannot yet cope with Windows scaling. Though, from Apple I would have expected this to be fixed very soon...

Aug 31, 2015 10:28 AM in response to KeithWard42

Since this is the top result on Google, I thought I'd jump in with what worked for me.

Since "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" is disabled (greyed out) in the 64-bit version, the workaround is a bit more complicated.

Open regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

This is where the compatibility settings are stored.

Add a "String Value" with

Name: C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe

Value: HIGHDPIAWARE

That's what worked for me.

Why does iTunes look blurry?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.