Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 5 has become nearly unusable since 8.02

Since 8.02 was updated on my IPhone 5 most of the apps take 4 or 5 attempts to respond, sometimes they don't and I have to switch off and switch on again and then they don't always work..... anyone had this problem? Getting really fed up with it now.

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 10:57 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2014 7:20 AM in response to brasik

Hi brasik,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you've updated your iPhone 5 to iOS 8.0.2, and now applications are unresponsive when you try to launch them. That's an unexpected result of updating, and I can definitely see how it's frustrating.

Since the situation stays the same after restarting your phone, I'd recommend another step to help isolate the issue.

As mentioned in the troubleshooting guide iOS: An app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open, try reinstalling one of the apps that isn't launching.

1. Delete the app.
    User uploaded file
  2. Press the Home button.
  3. Go to the App Store and download the app again.
  4. Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.

If the download stops, you can resume it.

If Apple applications (such as Mail, Newsstand, or Safari) are becoming unresponsive, I'd recommend backing up and restoring iOS using the steps in this article:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

Best Regards,

Jeremy

My Iphone 5 has become nearly unusable since 8.02

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.