Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video play back error message MPAVControllererrorDomain error 3

some of the videos in my iPad can't be play an error appear MPAVControllerErrorDomain error 3 can somebody have a solution

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 4:26 PM

5 replies

Oct 13, 2014 3:47 PM in response to marodri2

I rented a movie from iTunes on my iPad and after downloaded and trying to watch it an error pop up shows as "The operation couldn't be completed. (MPAVControllerErrorDomain error 3.): I can't watch the movie and the rental is about to expire in a few days. Any recommendation on how to reset the rental? Can someone help?

Oct 16, 2014 8:00 PM in response to rp4765

First thing I did, I reported the problem to iTunes. I got a reply that they will contact me in 24 hrs. Second thing I performed a backup of my iPad as I suspected there was something wrong with the software. Third I did a reset on the iPad erasing all information. after that I performed a full restore of a backup previously done using iTunes in my computer . Everything worked fine.

In the meantime got an email from iTunes with a message saying that I will get a refund for the rented movies and that I should download them again If I wanted. I did download the movies again and it work ok after the reset. WARNING! I donot recommend to do this as you will be erasing your information and without a backup, you wil Lose All information And settings

Also I have iTune Match and all my music is in the cloud.

note that this worked ok for me. Do this at your own risk.👿

Video play back error message MPAVControllererrorDomain error 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.