Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMessage email problems

i have an iPad and my iMessage for my iPad is my email. I just gave my imessage( email) to one of my class mates so she could start a group chat for a project I have with some other classmates. I just got a text from them but instead of it being a text message it was an email. How can I get it to be a normal text instead of an email?

iPad, iOS 7.1.2, Message

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 5:35 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2014 10:44 AM in response to can someone please help me

Hi can someone please help me,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

If someone is trying to send you a message from another Apple iOS device, they will need to address the outgoing message to your Apple ID (email address used for iMessage). Please use the information located in the attached article for further information.

Send messages with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How do I send a message?

1. In Messages, tap User uploaded file.
  2. Then enter a phone number or email address, or tap User uploaded file and choose a contact.
    User uploaded fileUser uploaded file
  3. Type in your message, or tap the camera icon to attach a photo or video, or tap User uploaded file to send an audio message. Tap Send to finish.

You can send photos, videos, or links directly from many apps by tapping User uploaded file.

User uploaded file

How can I send a message to a group?

To send a message to more than one person at a time, send a group message.

Cheers,

Joe

IMessage email problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.