Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6+ iMessage bug

After upgrading to iOS 8.0.2, and then a few iMessaging with photos, my 6+ will not allow me to upload photos and videos from within iMessage anymore.

No such problem on 5S or iPad all on the same OS.

Tried all kinds of stuff except hard reset and any other form of resettings....

Anyone with this problem? and possible solution?

Already reported to Apple as a bug.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8, iPhone 6+ 128GB

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 1:46 AM

4 replies

Oct 10, 2014 12:51 PM in response to Wee@AUMY

Hello there, Wee.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great, in-depth troubleshooting for issues with sending an iMessage on your iOS device:

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

If you can't send and receive iMessages

You will need these to send and receive iMessages:

• An iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  • iOS 5.0 or later
  • A cellular data connection or a Wi-Fi connection
  • A phone number or Apple ID registered with iMessage in Settings > Messages

To resolve issues with sending and receiving iMessages, follow these steps

1. Check iMessage system status for current service issues.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure that you registered iMessage with your phone number or Apple ID and that you selected iMessage for use. If the phone number or Apple ID isn't available for use, troubleshoot iMessage registration.
  3. Open Safari and navigate to www.apple.com to verify data connectivity. If a data connection isn't available, troubleshoot cellular data or a Wi-Fi connection.
  4. iMessage over cellular data might not be available while you're on a call. Only 3G and faster GSM networks support simultaneous data and voice calls. Learn which network your phone supports. If your network doesn't support simultaneous data and voice calls, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi on to use iMessage while you're on a call.
  5. Restart your device.
  6. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.

If you still can't send or receive an iMessage, follow these steps

1. Make sure that the contact trying to message you isn't blocked in Settings > Messages > Blocked.
  2. Make sure that the contact you're trying to send a message to is registered with iMessage.
  3. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.
  4. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and recreate the contact in the Contacts app. Create a new message to the newly created contact and try again.
  5. Back up and restore your device as new.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Oct 12, 2014 2:57 AM in response to pedro d

Dear Pedro

Thanks....

However, the problem I am facing is not about sending iMessage problem, but about not able to access the photo album directly from within iMessage.

You can find another user comment on this from http://www.viralglobalnews.com/technology/apple-iphone-6-ios-8-issue-plague-buye rs/17541/

I am going to try out Genius bar soon...

Browse to

stephanie September 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM | Permalink

My iPhone 6 does not rotate quickly from landscape/portrait modes. Oftentimes it does not rotate at all on apps that normally allow the rotation. It just gets stuck in landscape mode. My fix is to either close the app or go to Portrait Lock and then Lock and Unlock it. So lame.

—-AND—–

My iPhone 6 does not allow me to take photos from the Messages app where it says “Take Photo or Video.” Once I click it, the camera displays but everything is black and no photo/video can be taken. Thus, I have never been able to take a photo directly from my Messages ever. I have to exit out, take a pic in Camera, then add it to my text message. :(((

1. User uploaded fileJimmy September 29, 2014 at 1:33 PM | PermalinkFinally someone with the same problem as me where the camera screen is black when I go to take more than one photo. I factory reset it as a new phone and tested it and it works UNTIL I restore from my backup and the problem comes back. I’ve tried all kinds of things (reset/reset network settings/removed camera apps, etc) and I still have the issue.

Oct 13, 2014 5:49 AM in response to Wee@AUMY

Dear Pedro

I have discovered the bug behind this!

Just out of luck I suppose. Here goes:

Once the new SPEAK SCREEN is turned on (Under Accessibility), iMessage will NOT work with Photo Album within itself anymore.

By turning OFF this SPEAK SCREEN function, which is one of the best things I enjoy, iMessage will work well.

Will be reporting this to Apple.

iPhone 6+ iMessage bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.