Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Safari 5.0.6 on OSX 10.5.8

My wife has an old Powerbook(non-Intel) running under 10.5.8. She uses it only for eMail and eBay using Safari 5.0.6. If she finds something to buy on eBay when she gets to the payment page a message appears saying that a slow script is running preventing access to the webpage and offering the choice of closing down the script or letting it continue. Whichever option she chooses the message window disappears then reappears again, meanwhile Safari locks and has to be Force Quit. I managed to find an old version of Firefox which will run on the machine but we get the same message on eBay. I have spoken to eBay who ran some tests and say it has nothing to do with their website. I have cleared everything off Safari but the problem has reappeared. Has anyone experienced this?Does anyone have any suggestions?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), printer, scanner, ATVs, external hard drives, USB DAC

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 6:47 AM

4 replies

Oct 9, 2014 8:49 AM in response to zanyjudy

Consider TenFourFox. It is a port of a later version of FireFox that was never coded for PowerPC Macs. Sites see it as a fairly recent version of FireFox. What TFF does not fix is web video content that was never optimized for PowerPC, and the current version of TFF does not suport plug-ins so Flash video is out.

http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/

I'm using it on a G4 MDD 1.25Ghz minitower with architecture similar later PowerBooks and it keeps that computer on the web for many tasks. It has become the "go to" browser for most people here who still like to use their pre-Intel Macs.

Problem with Safari 5.0.6 on OSX 10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.