Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive won't stop upgrading

icloud drive won't stop upgrading

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 9:38 AM

9 replies

Nov 20, 2014 3:23 PM in response to dawnfromredcliff

Same issue: Upgraded to IOS 8.0 and clicked on i-Cloud Drive Upgrade and its been upgrading for 4 days.

I think this is linked with I-Cloud, The Apple ID or a combination on how the I-phone syncs with I-Cloud when it is connected to the Computer. Again dont rule out the 90 Day restriction if Auto Download is updating. I also did an upgrade on the I-Cloud (Free to £0.99) using one apple ID on one I-phone which may be causing a conflict.

I have tried a few things but still having an issue:

(1). Reboot the Phone

(2). Download via wireless and 3G network to rule out speed of connection (4 days seems a bit much)

(3). Upgrade to IOS 8.1.1

(4). Try to Change the Apple ID

(5). Restored from I-Tunes connected to a computer

Still no Joy - This is quite annoying as i cant get this to stop and as a result i cant switch over my Apple-ID. Try some of the above and let me know how you get on

May 17, 2015 8:23 PM in response to Wills House Mac Recording

Hi,

Someone posted to open iCloud go to the bottom and "sign out" It says will delete, etc. it doesn't. Press sign out anyway and then sign out. Sign back in and when it says merge say yes.

It stopped the i cloud drive from upgrading. Hope I said this right, but look for it on this site and it did stop the upgrading and I lost nothing.

Virginia

iCloud Drive won't stop upgrading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.