Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a limit to how many photos can be stored on an iPad using version 5.1.1?

I am having a devil of a time syncing my wife's original iPad with iTunes. I believe that there is a limit to how many photos can be stored on the iPad. It has 20GB of empty storage space, so it's not a space issue.

Certain albums refuse to sync. I cannot figure out why those albums, in particular, will not sync. If I delete albums, they disappear from the iPad Photo application, so some synchronizing is happening.

Help.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, 32 GB

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 7:20 AM

Hi Safety_at_Sea,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of the issue you are describing. If you are having issues syncing photos from your iPad to iTunes or vice versa, you may find the following articles helpful:

iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

iTunes: Syncing photos

If you are still having issues, you may also want to try deleting the iPod Photo Cache, as detailed in this article:

iTunes: Understanding the iPod Photo Cache folder

Regards,

- Brenden

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2014 7:20 AM in response to Safety_at_Sea

Hi Safety_at_Sea,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of the issue you are describing. If you are having issues syncing photos from your iPad to iTunes or vice versa, you may find the following articles helpful:

iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

iTunes: Syncing photos

If you are still having issues, you may also want to try deleting the iPod Photo Cache, as detailed in this article:

iTunes: Understanding the iPod Photo Cache folder

Regards,

- Brenden

Oct 11, 2014 6:03 PM in response to brenden dv

First, thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

Let me be a little more specific in describing my problems.

I have about 8,000 images in iPhoto on an older iMac. All of the iPhoto functions appear to work correctly.

I have created about 50 albums in iPhoto, and about 20 of these are of interest to my wife, so she'd like to copy them to her early iPad.

ITunes shows the albums correctly when I select what I want to sync to her iPad. In other words, iTunes correctly represents what is in iPhoto. 1:1 correspondence in albums.

However, when I sync approximately 25 albums with her iPad, 3-5 albums refuse to copy over to the iPad. The total number of images that is available on her iPad is 1680. My first thought was that there might be a limit to the number of images. There is plenty of memory available on the iPad (over half).

Thank you so much for your time.

Cheers,

Chuck

Is there a limit to how many photos can be stored on an iPad using version 5.1.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.