Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri drops hands free call through car phone.

When using Siri to call through my bluetooth connection to my car's system, the call DISCONNECTS. I can then go to RECENT in the phone and dial the call vial the bluetooth connection to the car. No problems prior to OS 8 was installed.

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 2:10 PM

18 replies

Dec 5, 2017 6:57 AM in response to Mark79WP

Me Too! Exactly. I can place a call manually with no problem, but if I ask Siri to place the call the call appears to be going through, then the display on my Toyota Tundra CrewMax 2011 shows the call as disconnected. I can look up the call on the iPhone under recent and the call is recorded. I can then select that same number manually and the call will sail through using bluetooth. I've had this problem using an iPhone 6 and now an iPhone X. I wish Apple could fix this for me.

Oct 9, 2014 3:08 PM in response to Mark79WP

Dear Mark,

i drive a 2014 Honda civic + built-in Navi system and I'm experiencing the same problem than you. Prior to iOS 8 I could perfectly use Siri to make calls and they could go through the car audio system via Bluetooth. Now it's just an an possible task! I desesperatly installed iOS 8.1 beta 2 on my iPhone 6 expecting to have resolved the problem but unfortunately the update is been for nothing! No way I can use Siri to make calls via the car audio device!

Please write me back if you can find a solution!

D

Nov 9, 2014 7:19 PM in response to Mark79WP

I have this exact same problem on (2) iPhone 6 phones both in different Lexus vehicles. I chatted with Apple Tech support and I tried resetting the the settings like advised but it still doesn't work. The Apple tech suggested I contact Lexus for a firmware update. But we all know where that's gonna go. Plus, I didn't have this problem in these vehicles with iPhone 5 phones. Also, everything else about Bluetooth and music streaming all work correctly in these cars. And if I place a call manually from the iPhone all is good (Ie Bluetooth call over car audio is perfect). As soon as I say "SIRI CALL BOB WORK" it says "Calling Bob" and then the screen on the Lexus shows "disconnected". The problem seems to be related to the phone switching from a SIRI conversation to a phone conversation.

I really hope Apple chimes in here. This must be something only Apple can investigate and solve.

Hopeful!

Nov 17, 2014 4:22 AM in response to Mark79WP

I have a Lexus and I have the same problem. I also have a Chevy Silverado that I upgraded the radio to a Kenwood bluetooth and it also does the same thing. It is definitely a problem with Apple. If I manually call it will connect or if I'm on the phone and start my engine it will switch over to the car like it always has. I can ask Siri to read my text messages while I'm driving and no problem. But When I ask Siri to make a call it disconnects.

Mar 9, 2015 5:32 AM in response to Gerry Sullivan

Gerry, I too have this problem and have concluded in this thread and many others, that Apple are getting to be as bad as "that other" software supplier! After all this time, all these complaints and multiple updates, Apple just don't seem to be able to provide a decent voice-activated phone connection (anymore)!

Steve Jobs would be rolling in his grave over what a poorer company Apple is without his customer-driven focus.

I suppose Apple may fix this one day but I can see why Androids in the meantime are stealing huge sales territory from Apple.

Siri drops hands free call through car phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.