Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Basic functions...

I have two basic functions that I would like to know how to use:

1) What key is the "end" key? I'm referring to when you want to skip to the end of a sentence, etc.

2) Is there a way to separate the volume between users? I have two users on my mac and the volume stays the same for both.

Thanks.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 1:41 PM

OS X keyboard shortcuts

4 replies

Oct 9, 2014 1:49 PM in response to andyr.

Depending on what keyboard you have, you may or may not have an actual "end" key on it. The full wired keyboard does haven an end key labeled "end"

The smaller wireless keyboard does not, but you can get the functionality by using a combination of keys:

fn-Right ArrowScroll to the end of a document (same as End key)
Command-Right ArrowMove the text insertion point to the end of the current line

Oct 9, 2014 2:00 PM in response to andyr.

That isn't possible with the main volume control because there is only one system volume. However, each user with the proper privileges can change some settings for the entire computer. Otherwise, you need to use third-party software that permits volume control from within the software or a utility that lets you set volume levels for software independently. These utilities can be found at Mac Update.

Basic functions...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.