Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 camera lens has become opaque inside

I woke up this morning and my iphone 6 camera is discoloured on inside-opaque and white. When I try to take picture it doesn't show what im pointing the camera at, only a white blurry blobby image. It worked fine yesterday, and I haven't gotten the phone wet or placed it in anything wet in the last few days either. Over a week ago I accidentally put phone down on a table that had moisture on it from the condensation from someones cold glass. But camera has worked perfectly and has still had a clear image up until this morning..and if it was that, you'd think I'd have seen some evidence of moisture in the last week and a half.

>Does anyone know what may have caused this?
>Has anyone else had this problem?

>Can I get the camera fixed, or am I better off going to an apple and trying to get a replacement?

Hope someone can help!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8, Camera Broken

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 5:02 PM

11 replies

Oct 12, 2014 5:44 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Good news! Took my phone into the apple store, none of the sensors showed any liquid damage (not even the one next to the camera area), so they gave me a new iphone 6!! They did say that it definitely looks like some sort of liquid though, and that I'm lucky as it is a new type of phone so new problems do pop up, but also in future apparently they wont be allowed to open the phones up-if it looks like liquid damage, then it'll get treated that way and the person will have to pay to fix it! So thankfully I got in before that starts. They couldn't tell me how only the lens got effected as the camera is completely sealed...so I'm not sure how to avoid it happening in the future :/ If they didn't replace the phone, I wouldn't have paid $399 for apple to fix it-my insurance with telstra means i'd pay $70 and telstra would send it away to get fixed.

Iphone 6 camera lens has become opaque inside

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.