Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mophie Space is not working with iPhone 5 after iOS upgrade to ver 8.0.2

I am using iPhone 5 and recently upgraded to latest version iOS 8.0.2. I am also using Mophie space 32GB as extra battery+Storage pack. This is certified product by Apple. After I did upgrade iOS;

• Mophie stopped charging my iPhone and
  • Mophie space app stopped recognizing Mophie space storage

Apple support suggested me to restore iPhone to factory setting and setup iPhone as new. After doing that 4 times now,

1. Mophie is able to charge my iPhone
  2. But space app is still not recognizing Mophie storage

I am also working with Mophie. It happened in past also 2 times so far when I got update from Apple. Mophie simple asked me to send space pack to their workshop and they gave a new space pack. It takes 2 weeks at least so my iPhone is without Mophie space pack for 2 weeks.

One thing I noticed that when ever they send a new space pack to me they also release a new space app. I asked Mophie to do so now also without sending my space pack to them but they said they recently released space pack on Oct 5, 2014.

Bottom line is I am surfing a lot after spending $125+ also.

Does anyone else face the same issue?

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 5:09 PM

9 replies

Apr 21, 2016 1:40 PM in response to CallMeSharman

Hello CallMeSharman,

My name is Elise

I can't be absolutely sure what is causing the issue you are having, but from what you are describing, I have a few ideas. If the problem is something as simple as a loose connection that is causing you to have trouble accessing the Space App, If the problem stems from an issue with the Space App, we may be able to try some different troubleshooting techniques together.

Best regards,

Elise

<Edited by Host>

Oct 14, 2014 7:13 AM in response to CallMeSharman

Yes, I have this same issue too. After the update my mophie space 16Gb. does not work properly, I even had it replaced and had to pay custom charge to get delivered in uk. Back to my complaint. the Space pack overheats and drains my iphone battery faster, even when its not even charging it. Its so funny that I have to remove the space pack to save my phone battery. However the app works but I find the product completely useless now. I also, had my battery replace by apple around this period, the battery is excellent but I just can tell why my mophie is malfunctioning. Now, I am beginning to doubt products even if Apple says its certified with them. I was shocked when apple to me that they cannot do anything or I have to replace my phone.

So now I am left with a £110 mophie pack that drains my battery in 30mins and overheats my phone.

Apr 21, 2016 1:44 PM in response to henrospanish

Hi there henrospanish,

Your juice pack should by no means be getting uncomfortably warm and the fact that you are having this issue with yours in particular leads me to believe there may be some faulty wiring, or connection issues, internally. This is certainly something to get replaced for you so you can be happy with your mophie product. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Best regards,

Elise ****

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Apr 21, 2016 1:41 PM in response to mophieHelp

Hi Elise,

I got an email from Mophie that they know what problem is. I have replied that email and added you in CC.

Here is the email I got and reply from me for reference:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding problems you are experiencing with the space pack and Space App.

We're aware of the problem you're experiencing, and we are working tirelessly towards a resolution. We greatly appreciate you sharing your input with us, and always take our customers' feedback into consideration when improving our products.

Please keep an eye on the App Store for updates to the Space App as they become available.

mophie loves you!

Thank you,
Jeremy *******

____________________My REPLY______BELOW______

+ Elise.

Thank you Jeremy for taking care of my concern.

I am glad to know that Mophie knows what is the problem and working on it, with out sending my space pack to your workshop 🙂

Still if needed let me know I can send my space pack to your workshop. Right now I am not bale to use it so it is just getting rest in my bag.

Just a feedback;

I love concept Mophie works on and specially when it is listed on apple website as certified product. That means a lot. However, customer should not get impact of iOS update with Mophie product. As a customer I expect that Mophie should work very close to iOS deployment team and release update to space app either with release of iOS patch or immediate after that.

Thanks,

Pankaj ******

********************************************************************************

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Apr 21, 2015 8:03 AM in response to CallMeSharman

I have had the same problem with my space pack, thought it was a problem with the pack so brought another one & the same problems occurred, both packs over heated, drained the battery on my phone, will not go into sleep mode, will not let me organise my files or photos & will not let me delete anything. When I got my 1st pack I was really impressed, did everything as it said it would, but now they are both useless, WHY ??

Jul 10, 2015 10:06 PM in response to CallMeSharman

Hi,

I have iOS 8.4 I think, and have the same problem, when I try to charge the mophie and the iphone at once

I also "restore iPhone to factory setting and setup iPhone as new."

And the problem persist ...

I do not know if there is a way to upgrade the firmware of my Mophie battery pack ???

TR14040501445- WT

I have an iPhone 5 64GB Factory Unlocked

I also bought an iPhone 6 128GB Factory Unlocked, but I will not buy a Mophie Case again, if the problem with the iPhone 5 it is not resolved soon

Cheers

Reinaldo

Apr 21, 2016 8:47 AM in response to Jam Master J2k

I bought my Space in February, and noticed exactly the same problems. Contacted Mophie and was told "We are aware of the issue and are working towards a solution as quickly as possible. The issue lies in the software. For now, I would recommend uninstalling the Space app as a temporary resolution." Contacted them again 24th March with the following response "Yes, we have identified the issue and a fix will be out very soon. We will let you know as soon as it is available. " Now (April 21st) still no word, and the last App update was November 2015. Beginning to wonder if I'm being spun a line after looking at this thread.

Mophie Space is not working with iPhone 5 after iOS upgrade to ver 8.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.