Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change which Aperture database Finder uses?

When I click on any type of "load photo" (as in Shutterfly), the Aperture database that is under Media - Photo is the wrong one. I want to change it but I have no idea how to do it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Andy

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 8:01 PM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2014 10:29 PM in response to Confused in the Lou

Andy, is your profile signature "iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.5)" still correct or has your system changed since you set it up?

the Aperture database that is under Media - Photo is the wrong one

This may be a problem of a wrong entry in the Aperture preferences file. The Media Browser will use the most recently opened Aperture library . Try first to switch to a new empty Aperture library and then back (you can switch using the File menu in Aperture (File > Switch to Library > Other/New). Then restart your Mac to ensure, that all applications terminate properly.

If you are running Aperture 3.5.1 in Mt. Lion or later, you may need to enable the option "Share XML with other applications" in the Aperture preferences "Preview" tab. This is only necessary for non-Apple apps (Aperture 3.5: Set "Share XML with other applications" to "Never" for better performance and faster quit times).

If that does not correct the Aperture library in the Media Browser, quit Aperture and remove the "com.apple.Aperture.plist" file from the Preferences folder as described in Aperture 3: Troubleshooting basics.

-- Léonie

How do I change which Aperture database Finder uses?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.