Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable itunes plugin in outlook?

I am trying to sync my outlook contacts and calendar with my iphone. Forum states to ensure that plugin is enabled. Mine is obviously not but I do not understand how to enable such on outlook.

"Using iTunes to Synchronize

Assuming you are an iTunes user, this is the easiest way to sync up Outlook with your iPhone.

Make sure the iTunes plugin is enabled in Outlook.

Connect your iPhone to your computer. iTunes should open up automatically. If it doesn’t, you may manually open it by clicking on the iTunes icon.

Open the Info tab in iTunes. Next, select “Outlook” from the “sync contacts with:” and “sync calendars with:” drop down."

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2017 9:27 AM

I was running into the same problem. Office 365 on Windows 10. Also running iTunes. Tried the manual registry key deletion, with no success. Checked all settings and nothing seemed awry, including the Default Apps > Mail in Windows Settings, and the General tab of Outlook itself, both said Outlook for default program. I decided to run the Office repair tool (the directions on the MSFT website aren't up-to-date; you have to right-click on the app in the Programs page, then click MODIFY (they left that out) and run the repair tool. That fixed the issue. Checked registry and default program set back to Outlook, at least for the moment. I'm hoping this is solves the issue. Note I have my iPhone plugged into my computer at the moment; I'm wondering if that's the issue.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2017 9:27 AM in response to Cricketmusic

I was running into the same problem. Office 365 on Windows 10. Also running iTunes. Tried the manual registry key deletion, with no success. Checked all settings and nothing seemed awry, including the Default Apps > Mail in Windows Settings, and the General tab of Outlook itself, both said Outlook for default program. I decided to run the Office repair tool (the directions on the MSFT website aren't up-to-date; you have to right-click on the app in the Programs page, then click MODIFY (they left that out) and run the repair tool. That fixed the issue. Checked registry and default program set back to Outlook, at least for the moment. I'm hoping this is solves the issue. Note I have my iPhone plugged into my computer at the moment; I'm wondering if that's the issue.

Mar 1, 2016 11:21 AM in response to Cricketmusic

I am having exactly the same problem since upgrading to windows 10. All was fine in good old windows 7 but this must be one of the subtle changes that I was told would not happen when moving to Windows 10. Does any one have the answer. The closest I see is I cloud. This is pushing me more towards going full Apple or full Android/PC. The debate is ongoing at the moment mostly down to cost as have apple phone and iPad with an i5 PC

Mar 18, 2016 1:57 PM in response to joectus

I had this same problem a year ago and it has recurred. My solution a year ago was to go back to an older version of ITunes that did have the outlook plugin (I use Outlook BCM, which is even more likely to have issues). Unfortunately i supect that my current problem -- IPhone not recognized by windows and also not synching again is related to using the old Itunes. What a colossal pain.

Jun 6, 2016 1:44 AM in response to Cricketmusic

It seems that in office 2016, there is no way to sync outlook contacts with iphone. The itunes plugin is "gone". it is still possible to select "sync contacts with outlook" in itunes, but sadly, it does not show the groups in the "selected groups" list, and no sync is possible. It seems there is currently no solution to get contacts to sync from outlook to iphone, excep via 3rd party apps. It is possible to install outlook on the phone, and setup a hotmail account on both, then in outlook on your pc, copy all your contacts to hotmail, then you do see them within the outlook app on the iphone, but you dont see them in the iphones contact list, so you cant call them.

the windows icloud app also cannot sync with outlook - it simply finds no contacts, even if you make say your hotmail account the "default" in outlook. It can copy your iphone contacts into a special folder in outlook, but this is pointless and useless as the contacts live in outlook - there are no contacts on the phone thats the whole problem!

Dec 20, 2016 6:02 AM in response to sfromgi

I think this issue *may* have been resolved. See the following article, published on December 6th, 2016.

If you can’t use iTunes for Windows to sync contacts and calendars between Outlook and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch …

I've downloaded the most recent versions of iTunes and of my iPhone software, and contacts are syncing back and forth between my iPhone 6 and Outlook 2016. For contacts, the groups still don't show in the "selected groups" list. When I selected "All calendars" to sync, none of the calendar entries synced. However, when I selected the single entry "Calendar" in the "Selected calendars" box, all of the calendar entries synced. Also, there is still no iTunes plug-in visible in Outlook 2016, in File -> Options -> Add-ins -> COM Add-ins, so perhaps they have re-implemented this functionality in a new way.

How do I enable itunes plugin in outlook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.