Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my password/email on iCloud, and lost documents. How do I retrieve them?

Today I had to change my account details for my iCloud account due to hacked email. I had to sign out of iCloud on my Mac and I was asked if I wanted to delete 'Contacts, Reminders, Notes, and most importantly TextEdit files' for example:

User uploaded file

I had no choice but to accept to delete these items, thinking they were safe on iCloud since it was the same account I was going to be using. I don't have Time Machine and my other information was back up on my iPhone, but my the iPhone doesn't cover TextEdit files which were saved under my iCloud.

User uploaded file

I have tried to retrieve them using "Disk Drill" and "Data Recovery", but I couldn't find the files that were also not found in Trash. The files are still visible when opening the application, but I cannot open the documents and says "Waiting" underneath it. How do I retrieve these files?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), iCloud

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 8:12 AM

1 reply

I changed my password/email on iCloud, and lost documents. How do I retrieve them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.