Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with IOS 8, a disaster!

I recently got the iphone 5s that came with IOS 8, and I have had nothing with problems with it since I got it. There are problems with Wifi for sure. It doesn't connect outside of my home without me actively going in to select a network and in my home it seems not to want to stay connected. Also, when using messages, the screen gets all weird, there is lots and lots of blank white space between messages. You have to go out of the function, then come back in to get it to correct itself. Also when in messages, when you try to flip the phone to landscape to continue typing your message, you have to go out of it and come back in to get it to flip. And when it does flip, it activates that little audio function they added, with a little bleep. Super annoying. Also, If, for instance, someone sends me an email with a youtube video to watch, after I watch it, and close it, and get out of the email function, when I come back into the phone again the Youtube play bar is stuck on the lock screen. So there is no youtube, just the function bar that allows you to play, pause, or stop the youtube video, and it wont go away until you turn the phone completely off. There are other little things that are really annoying, but I do hope they will be fixed.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 9:36 AM

25 replies

Oct 12, 2014 7:43 AM in response to Community User

Hello there Adelphi09,

If I understand correctly you are seeing numerous issues with your iPhone 5s running iOS 8. I can certainly see how that could be frustrating. Everything you are describing sounds like software issues to me, so I would start by quitting all the running apps:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issues persist I would next backup your phone and restore it as a new device with this article, and test it out in a clean install of iOS:

iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a new device

If things work as they should, then restore your backup, and verify that it still works, or isolate issues with the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Oct 12, 2014 10:33 AM in response to Community User

i swear ios8 is crashing my home wifi network!!! i have been through everything now !!!! i have even tried 3 different routers and even had a broadband engineer visit the property to check everything out!!!i have found that when i use the remote app on my iPhone to connect to the apple tv it has crashed my network and thought it was even a apple tv fault !! but then even today plugging in my iPhone 6 to my mac and performing a sync crashed my network!!! have done all various resets for network settings devices ect!!! never had any issues like this before and have been using iPhone iPad mac ect for years!!! i was convinced it was my router or my apple tv or something before but now having been through everything it all seems to stem from the release of ios8!!! please apple sort this one out quick!!

Oct 12, 2014 11:00 AM in response to nath99

nath99 wrote:

but then even today plugging in my iPhone 6 to my mac and performing a sync crashed my network!!! please apple sort this one out quick!!

Plugging your phone into the mac and performing a sync has nothing to do with your network, and does not use the network to do anything, so the phone or iOS8 has nothing to do with that. You have other issues going on here.

Apple does not participate in the forum, so they aren't hearing you. If you want to provide feedback to Apple, you need go to HERE, and click on the appropriate link.

Oct 12, 2014 11:10 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

"Plugging your phone into the mac and performing a sync has nothing to do with your network, and does not use the network to do anything, so the phone or iOS8 has nothing to do with that."

I disagree: when you have File Sharing enabled on your phone, regardless of the (recent, though) version of iOS your iPhone is running, then a lot of data is sent and received over your WiFi network.

Nath99: have you tried to perform the same operations while your Mac is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable, and the WiFi is disabled? That's how my MacBook Pro is rigged at the moment, and my home network (French Freebox) works fine, no interferences at all.

Oct 13, 2014 10:09 AM in response to KiltedTim

i swear ios8 is crashing my home wifi network!!! i have been through everything now !!!! i have even tried 3 different routers and even had a broadband engineer visit the property to check everything out!!!i have found that when i use the remote app on my iPhone to connect to the apple tv it has crashed my network and thought it was even a apple tv fault !! but then even today plugging in my iPhone 6 to my mac and performing a sync crashed my network!!! have done all various resets for network settings devices ect!!! never had any issues like this before and have been using iPhone iPad mac ect for years!!! i was convinced it was my router or my apple tv or something before but now having been through everything it all seems to stem from the release of ios8!!! please apple sort this one out quick!!

Oct 13, 2014 10:18 AM in response to KiltedTim

the last two htwo weeks I have done everything! Changed routers ! Been in the phone to my isp, Netgear technical support endless times and have even had s broadband engineer cone out thinking the problem was something along them routes!! But after everything I have been through it seems various things I do on iOS 8 wifi related from time to time crash my network!!! Remote app was one of them ! Just setting up home sharing!! Bizarre

Oct 13, 2014 11:21 AM in response to nath99

"Crashing my network" is pretty much a meaningless term. WHAT HAPPENS? Does the router reboot? Can you no longer ping the router? Can you no longer ping anything inside your network? Can you ping devices by IP address but not name? Do you have internal connectivity on the LAN, but no connectivity to the Internet? What? You're not providing anything close to a usable amount of information for the purpose of troubleshooting a network problem.

Problems with IOS 8, a disaster!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.