Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Battery Usage

Using iOS 8.0.2 under Settings--->General--->Usage--->Battery Usage you are supposed to be able to see what Apps are draining your battery. This works on my iPad 2 running iOS 8.0.2, but not on my iPhone 6. I get a message saying "Battery information will be available after using the iPhone for a few minutes." However the information is never displayed for the Last 24 hours or the Last 7 days. Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?😕

I'm trying to trouble shoot why my battery life on the iPhone 6 is so very dismal.😢 I only get a few hours of use out of a fully charged battery. I'm told that "Allow Hey Siri" is a big drain on the battery, so I've turned that off. I would still like to know what other Apps could be a problem.

Thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light on why my batter usage is not showing up.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 11:42 AM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2014 11:50 AM in response to jackfrommontague

The Battery Use is displayed regularly on my iPhone suggesting that something unusual is happening on your device. Try a reset of your iPhone. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

Also, I doubt that the Hey Siri thing would take too much battery since it only works when your iPhone is connected to the charger.

iPhone 6 Battery Usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.