Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes Match not working on Apple TV after software update to 7.0

MY music will not load. It just sits forever saying it is loading. I have restarted the Atv. Ihave signed out and back in to my icloud account. I cannot sign out of my iTunes store account. under the iTunes Store menu, the following 3 items are grayed out: my apple id, iTunes match on, and stop loading. it is stuck.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 12:14 PM

7 replies

Oct 16, 2014 8:36 AM in response to Francesw01

I had to reset device back to factory setting..... and then re-enter credentials etc .... once match was turned on it took a couple of minutes for my 8000+ songs to register ...... I knew it was working because of all the network traffic generated where before it wasn't really working (despite spinning wheel 😟 )

Wont be updating software again any time soon ......

Nov 28, 2014 8:47 AM in response to Francesw01

I was able to update my settings a slightly different route. I changed country on my settings which automatically signed me out of iTunes. I was then able to return the country settings to the proper location. I was then able to sign back into my account, and my iTunes Match to work properly turning it on again. No factory reset required!

Dec 14, 2014 2:12 PM in response to gtmarin

On the ATV I logged out of iTunes account (I clicked the trash icon) under settings. Then restarted AppleTV. Then reentered my AppleID credentials, turned Match to ON (its off by default), went into Music, and my library loaded in about a minute.

I hope this helps anyone, you don't need to factory reset the device, but still a pain.

Apr 25, 2015 9:35 AM in response to gtmarin

Thank you gtmartin!! This worked.

To confirm for other readers with this issue:

The steps are:

1) From the main screen of your AppleTV, select "Settings"

2) Use the menus to navigate to iTunes Store->Location

3) Select any location other than your current location.

4) After it changes, repeat step 3 to select your actual location.

5) Select Apple IDs

6) Find your iTunes account and select it.

7) Navigate back to the main screen and select "Music".

8) The button to "Turn on iTunes Match" should appear. click it.

9) The spinning circle should stop in less than 30 seconds and be replaced by a progress bar.

Enjoy your music!

ITunes Match not working on Apple TV after software update to 7.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.